Greek is Greek ~ The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

I am a founding member of the Alpha Xi Delta chapter at George Mason University in Fairfax VA. 

When I came to Mason I was a transfer student after doing 2 years at a community college. I was sitting in the Johnson Center when a girl approached me. She asked if I was interested in joining a sorority.  I had not even thought about it but was looking to meet people so I talked to her and a few of her sisters. I was invited out to hang with them that night and then next day they surprised me with my bid. It was unusual because usually you have to go through rush, but since AXID was a colony and not yet a chapter they had what was called Continuous Open Bidding until the reach the numbers they needed to become a chapter. 
I am right under the vers in university.. 

Our Crest
We became a chapter on November 14th 1998. 
My signature
Big/Little Reveal
Halloween 97
The Bench we painted in the court yard
10 Year reunion
I love MY SISTERS 
Love these girls

When I became a sister, I made life long friendships. As one of our songs states... I'm a Sister Til I Die! 

Any Xi's out there???? 



Carolina Fireflies

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love all the pics..hopefully you will find one of your sisters that is a blogger:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love all your pictures! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Loss Rewards..

Four Things About me...

My Confessions